Your family is also insured with us without needing to pay any contributions:
- your spouse or registered same-sex life partner whose income does not exceed €385 or €450 (marginally employed) per month
- whose place of residence is in Germany
- who is not full-time self-employed
- who does not hold any other statutory health insurance
- children until they turn 18
- children up to the age of 23 who do not have their own job
- children up to the age of 25 if they are doing a voluntary social or ecological year, are at school or are undergoing vocational training.
No age limit applies to children if, owing to a disability, they are incapable of supporting themselves and if the disability existed at a time when the child was insured through the family. ‘Children’ also applies to stepchildren and grandchildren for whose maintenance you are primarily responsible, children of the same-sex life partner, adopted children and foster children.